SET BACK ICE CHESTS
Frigid Rigid Ice Chests with Set Back Lids are designed so that you can open the ice chest fully without having to move it away from a wall first. The ice chests keep contents cold for days in any type of environment. Our ice chests are built with superior insulation, airtight lids, weatherproof materials, and are tough enough for heavy commercial use.
Set Back Ice Chest Specifications:
- Available online in white only. For custom colors and designs please call 1-800-643-1988.
- The set back lid was designed so that you can open the ice chest fully while the box is flush against a wall or bulkhead
- In Frigid Rigid’s “set back” design, the hinges are mounted, not on the back of the box, but on the top of the box on a specially designed shelf, therefore the hinges can be moved forward either 3, 6, or 10 inches according to your needs.
- This design works especially well when the ice chest is placed in front of a center console or under a leaning post of a boat and it comes in handy anytime you’ve filled your ice chest to the brim and need to open it!
- The Frigid Rigid Ice Chests with Set Back Lids are built with the same high quality as our regular ice chests
- Constructed of fiberglass with an interior and exterior of smooth, weather-resistant, marine-grade gel coat.
- Frigid Rigid lid seals are made of weather-resistant rubber.
- Heavy-duty 316 stainless steel hinges are attached with stainless steel screws preventing rust and corrosion. Backing plates are embedded into the ice chest to secure all attaching hardware.
- Durable rope handles for long-life and will stand up to any type of weather
- Frigid Rigid uses 2″ polyurethane foam which provides the highest possible insulation efficiency available for ice chests
- An airtight “D” ring lid seal made of long-life EPDM rubber keeps out hot air for maximum cold retention. The easy-to-use flex-latch with air-valve release assures that the lid will seal properly and stay in place
- There are 20 sizes of ice chests available with the set back design.
- Frigid Rigid ice chests come with a built-in, recessed drain for easy cleaning. Ice chests over 48″ have two drains for easy emptying and cleaning.
- Frigid Rigid ice chests have four 4″ diameter molded polyurethane non-skid bottom pads that will not mar the surface of your boat’s deck or any other sensitive surface
- Our coolers are capable of keeping ice for up to 2 weeks
- Several optional accessories such as cushions for corner chocks, sandwich trays, frozen bait trays and dividers. Click here for more information about
Frigid Rigid Accessories
|18″||21″||43″ w/ Bevel||6″||150||52 lbs.||$1,239|
|18″*||17″||33″ 1/2 Moon||2″||55||40 lbs.||$959|
|18″*||17″||23″ – 27″ Taper||3″||65||27 lbs.||$779|